Most blogs include a form asking for your email. So what’s the first thing you do before you handing over your email? You ask yourself a couple of qualifying questions right? Questions like:
- Is the blog worthy of my time and attention?
- Does the writer know what he or she’s talking about?
- Do I want to be notified of new posts and updates?
Very few of us have time to zero our inbox, let alone read all the daily inflows. Being selective about what you read, or even permit into your inbox has become an essential skill/discipline in 2019. So with that being said lets go over a few things:
- Who is this blog aimed at?
- What kind of articles can you expect to find here?
- Is this topic is worthy of your time and attention?
- Does the writer understand the topic he/she is writing about?
- Is it worth handing over your precious email?
- Can the blogger be trusted with your email?
Who is this blog aimed at?
- Professional design teams members.
- Corporate real estate team members.
- Property developers/operators.
- Real estate investors/landlords.
- REIT or investment fund managers.
- PropTech entrepreneurs & founders.
- Facilities & property management teams.
What kind of articles can you expect to find here?
- Articles documenting my work in corporate real estate.
- Articles on architecture and design and its importance on CRE.
- Articles on the importance of technology and innovation in CRE.
- Articles on sustainability in CRE and your impact on the world.
- Articles on how to create an awesome tenant/occupier experience.
- Articles documenting our upgrade program at EastPointDublin.
- Outside of real estate I can be a pretty curious person with interests in filmmaking, family genealogy, human optimisation and travel.
- Expect the occasional rant covering more general topics.
Is this topic is worthy of your time and attention?
- Are you in the target audience listed above?
- Are you curious how the workplace can be improved.
- Are you curious about technology and innovation in CRE?
- Is making an impact or leaving a legacy important to you?
- Perhaps you are a residential landlord who would like to transition to the commercial real estate investment sector.
- Perhaps you are looking to grow rental income and enhance the value of your CRE asset portfolio?
- Are you curious how to optimise your FM systems and processes?
- Are you interested in future-proofing or warding off obsolescence in your real estate portfolio and career?
Does the writer understand the topic he/she is writing about?
- I come from a professional architecture/building design background.
- I have more than twenty years of property development experience.
- I have generated tens of millions in real estate investment gains and I have endured significant project fails and disappointments.
- Learn more about me here, here and here.
Is it worth handing over your precious email?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above then you should definitely sign up. You can do that here.
Can the writer be trusted with your email?
I receive dozens of SPAM emails a day which I despise – I expect you feel the same way and so you have my personal guarantee your time and attention will never be taken for granted.
I am a busy person with a young family and I appreciate the struggle most people face in balancing work and family. I never post an article for the sake of posting, each article will be worthy of your time and attention.
With all that being said, welcome to the blog.
written by Gavin J. Gallagher