Every blog has a prominent section asking you to sign up with your email. So what’s the first thing you do before you handing over your email? You ask yourself a couple of qualifying questions right? Questions like:
- Is this blog worthy of my time or attention?
- Does the writer know what he’s talking about?
- Do I really want to be notified of new posts and updates?
Very few of us have time to zero our inbox, let alone read all the info hitting it on a daily basis. Being selective about what you permit in your inbox has become an essential skill or discipline in 2019. So with that being said lets go over a few things:
- Who is this blog aimed at?
- What kind of posts should you expect to find here?
- Why this topic is worthy of your time and attention?
- Do I understand the topic that I am writing about?
- Is it worth handing over your precious email?
- Can I be trusted with your email?
Who is this blog aimed at?
- Anyone in real estate
- Design team professionals
- Property developers/operators
- Real estate investors or landlords
- REIT or investment fund managers
- PropTech entrepreneurs
- Facilities management
What kind of posts should you expect to find here?
- I am focussed on real estate and real estate technology.
- Outside of that I’m a pretty curious person with interests in filmmaking, family genealogy, human optimisation and travel.
- I just started a 3-year upgrade program at the business park I manage and I will be documenting the process here.
- Expect to find my take on PropTech (thoughts, opinions, concerns).
- Expect to read about my issues and objectives at work and how I use technology to achieve them.
- Expect the occasional rant covering more general topics.
Why this topic is worthy of your time and attention?
- Are you in the target audience listed above?
- Are you curious about technology and innovation?
- Are you curious how PropTech could be used to increase revenues and enhance the value to your asset portfolio?
- Systems and process optimisation – do you ever wonder is there is a better way of doing things?
- Are you interested in future-proofing your career, or at least being aware of the disruption that could affect the real estate industry?
Do I understand the topic that I am writing about?
Is it worth handing over your precious email?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above then you should probably sign up. You can do that here.
Can I be trusted with your email?
I despise SPAM and I expect you do to – thats a given.
I am also a very busy person with a young family who can appreciate the issues most people face regarding time management. I aim to write one post a week so don’t expect more than one update email a week from me.
With that being said, welcome to the blog.
written by Gavin J. Gallagher